10 Natural Foods that Keep Your Arteries Clean


Your arteries are blood vessels that transport oxygen and nutrients from your heart to the rest of your body. In order for this important process to occur, your arteries should be flexible, strong, elastic and clear of any deposits.
All fruits and vegetables are said to help prevent heart disease, but certain varieties (like apples) pack a particularly powerful punch.
However, over time deposits of fatty substances, cholesterol, cellular waste products, calcium and other substances can build up in your arteries. These plaques can severely restrict blood flow and, even more seriously, they can cause your arteries to rupture, leading to blood clots.
Blood clots can then block your blood flow entirely, leading to heart attack and stroke.In fact, a build-up of plaques in your arteries, known as atherosclerosis, is the main underlying cause of heart disease.So keeping your arteries clean is not only a key part of your heart health, it's a key to your health overall.
While exercising on most days of the week is an excellent way to keep your arteries healthy, your diet also plays a major role. Here we've identified 10 foods that are especially adept at helping to keep your arteries clean.

1. Grapefruit:
It contains a type of fiber called pectin, which has been shown in animal studies to slow down the progression of atherosclerosis.

2. Green Tea:
This healthy beverage contains procyanidins, which have been found to help prevent blood clots and promote healthy endothelium (the tissues that lines blood vessels and your heart).

3. Apples:
Apples (particularly Red Delicious and Granny Smith) are also rich in procyanidins.
4. Garbanzo beans:
Garbanzo beans contain both soluble and insoluble dietary fiber, which help to remove cholesterol- containing bile from your body. They are also known to help prevent heart disease.

5. Olive oil:
Using olive oil as your exclusive source of oil may cut your risk of coronary heart disease almost in half, according to the CARDIO2000 case-control study, published in Clinical Cardiology. Meanwhile, studies show that particles of LDL (bad) cholesterol that contain monounsaturated fats (found in olive oil) are less likely to become oxidized. This is important because only oxidized cholesterol is able to stick to your artery walls and form plaques.

6. Spinach:
This leafy green contains both vitamin C and vitamin A, which team up to prevent cholesterol from becoming oxidized (and thereby helping to prevent plaques from forming in your arteries).

7. Salmon:
Salmon is rich in omega-3 fats, which make blood less likely to clot inside arteries and prevent cholesterol from becoming damaged or oxidized. Choose wild-caught salmon (instead of farm-raised) for the most benefits.
8. Tomatoes:
Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, an antioxidant that may make LDL cholesterol much less susceptible to becoming oxidized -- again, this is the first step in the formation of plaque formation and is a major risk factor for heart disease.

9. Swiss Chard:
Swiss chard is an excellent source of the antioxidant vitamin E, which helps prevent free radicals from oxidizing cholesterol. Eating a diet rich in vitamin E has been shown to significantly reduce the risk of developing atherosclerosis.

10. Garlic:
Garlic helps your heart and arteries in numerous ways, including:

- Stimulating the production of nitric oxide in the lining of blood vessels, which may help them to relax
- Inhibiting coronary artery calcification, which serves as a marker for plaque formation
- Preventing the oxidation of cholesterol

- Reducing the formation of nanoplaque (the first building blocks of plaque) by up to 40% and reducing the size of the nanoplaque that has already formed by up to 20%, according to a study
by German scientist Professor Güautnter Siegel, M.D., from the University of Medicine in Berlin
Publish Post



18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up this good education to our readers outside there.......

aireen said...

nice one...natural foods are great! I go for apples and tomatoes because I love those.

Ann On and On... said...

I appreciate the information. It is always nice to be reminded that we are what we ate. Uh, except ice cream that's a freebie. :)

cookies said...

Great information, thank's

Anonymous said...

It's funny... I just juiced some red delicious apples a few minutes ago and I'm drinking it as I read this post. I also bought some grapefruit today. I guess I'm on the right track! :)

Janet
http://travelenvy.net

kyanmay said...

really??? hehm, i have those in my daily menu but never really know how it benefits me...the list could help in my weekend groceries! thanks!

Sadia said...

Very useful information . thanks.
Would like to add that I read cinnamon powder also opens up clogged arteries, I add it to my glass of milk .

Unknown said...

Very informative....nice one my friend...keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Great info, thanks a lot. Will share this with my friends as well.

Unknown said...

Just as an added interest there has been much information added quite recently about grapefruit. Allegedly it has been claimed that it may cause certain types of cancer specifically in females.

I think we are all waiting for further information on this particular fruit!

suzy said...

Thanks for this. I have some amazing info on honey and cinnamon that I'd be happy to pass on to you. I don't know how to send an attachment on this however. My blog is about the dead, so no place for health tips on that, nor on my site, which has to do with intuitive counseling. www.AskYourAngels.com. You could go on my site and email from there.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this. I have some amazing info that works! on honey and cinnamon that I'd be happy to pass on to you. I don't know how to send an attachment on this however. My blog is about the dead, so no place for health tips on that, nor on my site, which has to do with intuitive counseling. www.AskYourAngels.com. You could go on my site and email from there.

Lilian said...

good stuff and articles you are related to mine Mother KNows Best...

Daisy Soap Girl said...

Very useful info. I hope you keep blogging.

Freeware Download said...

great info. how about the coffee?

Kathy Garolsky said...

Interesting post.I'll be coming back to see more of your post.Thanks

Clenbuterol said...

Good post, i really like it.

Consumer Aloe Safety said...

It is interesting post..thank you for the post..I've been doing a lot of research on aloe benefits. I've found some good sites like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloe and http://www.allaboutaloe.org, but I'm wondering if you have sites you'd highly recommend?"

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...