How to be Rich !


“Happy are those who know they are spiritually poor.” – Matthew 5:3

Some people read this verse to mean that God wants them to be poor — spiritually and materially.

One day, I gave a talk on the 8 Secrets of the Truly Rich, and one woman came up to me, almost crying in gratitude. “When I was a child, I was taught by a nun in our religion class that we needed to be poor to be pleasing to God. Since then, I’ve always tried to avoid riches. Today, you’ve freed me!”

The woman was in her 50s. She had been in a self-imposed prison of poverty for so long. And I bet many people are. That’s why I wrote the book 8 Secrets of the Truly Rich.
I want to release people from this prison and tell them that there’s a way of becoming wealthy without being materialistic.

Think for a moment:
If Mother Teresa didn’t have generous friends who gave her $40 million a year to support her ministry, she wouldn’t have been able to feed and care for the poor the way she had.

What does it mean to be “spiritually poor”? In one word, humility. It means that you acknowledge your desperate need for GodWealth isn’t the path to happiness. God is. But with God, wealth can be a way of serving Him. My friends, be truly rich. - Bo Sanchez

REFLECTION:
Count the ways you can be rich.


Lord, You are my wealth. Everything else should serve You, my treasure!


2 comments:

Demo jerr said...

dropping by...

wanna exchange link? slumbeRAJA

Anonymous said...

wow, what an inspiring article.

we have something for you, please visit: http://bahaybj.blogspot.com/2008/11/amazing-blog-award.html

Beautiful day to you.
Bahay BJ

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...